Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ChuckWagon Cafe

Address: 105 Sunset Blvd, Turner Valley, AB,
Website: http://www.chuckwagoncafe.ca/
Hours of Operation: Weekdays 8AM – 230PM, Weekends 8AM – 330PM
Intro: This burger won FFWD Magazines best burger in Calgary award, so I thought I would go check it out. When you first see the building outside, you get a pretty good idea of what the place is going to be about. It is a small very homey and has a home cooked meal feel to it.

The Food:  They serve the breakfast menu all day. I did like their menu it was pretty simple, once side is breakfast the other side is lunch. I am course settled on the house burger. It comes with mayo (I did not have any on my burger), romaine lettuce, tomatoes, a homemade relish which was very nice, mustard, pickles, cheese and bacon on a sesame bun. The flavour is really good, the burger is seasoned perfectly, the smokiness of the bacon is nice, and while there are lots of toppings I could taste each one and thought that they each added their own flavour. I usually don’t like toasted buns, but I thought that this was a burger that could have benefited from a toasted bun. While my bun did stay intact the whole way, it was soft and starting to get soggy at the end. I also ordered the fries, and they were good but nothing special. You can also get a salad or soup with the burger. While the burger was good, I wouldn’t say it was the best burger in Calgary.

The Price:  I would classify the burger as expensive, it is $10.95 and to add a side it is $1.50. Not unreasonable but not cheap either. The lunch menu seemed to be more expensive than the breakfast menu.
The Service: The service was average, our waitress was nice, and did come check on us a couple of times.
Other Items of Note: There is a patio outside for those nice summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment