Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fiasco Gelato Truck


The Calgary Food Truck revolution has hit the streets! There are currently 8 trucks on the streets and the first one that was on my list was Fiasco Gelato. The best way to find out where they are going to be serving their delicious gelato is to follow them on twitter @fiascogelato To see a list of all the food trucks visit the YYC Food Truck website. The first thing that I noticed was how friendly the staff was. We were the only customer at the time, but I got the feeling that these guys loved their job and their enthusiasm was nice. I had the bourbon french vanilla and mambi mango flavours. The mango was very good but it was also average. The french vanilla however was very good. I could tell by tasting as well as by looking at the gelato that they used fresh vanilla beans. The flavour was really good. The prices are a little bit expensive. I got a small for $4.50 which is pictured above. They also have a large for $6. You can get as many as three different flavours in one bowl which I appreciate because I usually have a hard time picking flavours.

My wife and I both think Amato gelato is better in quality but the service at Fiasco is WAY better. I would prefer Fiasco overall is the gelato is still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment